Work injuries are unfortunately quite common and they can happen in many ways. If you have been hurt on the job, it's vital to receive the proper treatment. At MVMT Chiropractic in Houston, we can treat your injury and help you heal.
Common Work Injuries
Even in a safe work environment, injuries are always a risk. Without treatment, these injuries can get worse over time. Some of the most common injuries suffered on the job include:
- Back injury: While it's common for people to hurt their back at work when they are lifting heavy objects, you can also injure your back while working a desk job. If your back isn't properly supported at work, it could leave you with lasting pain.
- Neck injury: Lifting heavy objects can put a strain on your neck, as can repetitive motions, like typing at a computer. If you have been struggling with neck pain or stiffness, you may have a neck injury.
- Slip and fall injury: Spills, a lack of lighting, clutter, and weather hazards like ice can all lead to slip and fall injuries. Even if you are not seriously injured by your fall, it can leave your body with lasting damage, especially if you come into contact with a hard surface.
- Repetitive strain injury: Repetitive motions are common in many jobs. Unfortunately, moving in the same way over and over can leave you with injuries like tendonitis or carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Accident injury: Accidents can happen anywhere, even on the job. In jobs that require driving, car accidents are a risk, which could lead to whiplash.
How a Chiropractor Can Treat a Work Injury
Any type of workplace injury can have an impact on your spinal alignment. A chiropractor can provide gentle adjustments that correct alignment issues, easing pain and pressure on the muscles. These manipulations may also reduce inflammation caused by your injuries, allowing you to heal more quickly.
A work injury can limit your range of motion. A reduced range of motion can be addressed with chiropractic treatment. Over time, you will be able to restore your flexibility and move your body without pain. Not only can a chiropractor diagnose and treat your injuries, but regular chiropractic care can improve your body's health, helping you avoid injuries in the first place.
Contact Us for Chiropractic Care in Houston, TX
Work injuries can cause significant pain and discomfort, making it difficult for you to do your job. When you visit MVMT Chiropractic in Houston, you can treat your injury and get immediate pain relief. Call our team today at (832) 391-8077 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.