At MVMT Chiropractic in Houston, TX, our chiropractor provides a variety of natural treatment methods for back pain. Back pain is one of the most common conditions we treat. Our techniques will help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
What Is Back Pain?
Your back is made up of three sections, including the lower, middle, and upper back. Consisting of tendons, ligaments, nerves, bones, arteries, and muscles, your back may ache if one of these parts is compromised.
When you experience aching anywhere in your back, it can lead to pain in other areas of the body. People suffering from back pain have problems doing activities such as lifting weights, standing, or sitting. While back pain may go away on its own, you need to seek chiropractic treatment if it lingers for several days.
Symptoms of Back Pain
Back pain can either be a dull, stabbing, or burning sensation. Sometimes, the pain can be moderate or severe, accompanied by other symptoms like:
- Numbness and a tingling sensation
- Pain down your legs and buttocks
- Pain when resting or lying down
- Persistent back pain that gets worse with standing up or prolonged sitting
Causes of Back Pain
Most back pain causes are not severe. However, if left untreated, back pain can worsen and lead to other health complications. Some common causes of back pain include:
- Sciatica: Irritating or compressing the sciatic nerve results in lower back pain.
- Ruptured discs: When vertebrae discs rupture or move out of position, you may experience back pain.
- Abnormal spine curvature: Scoliosis may cause back pain, since it compresses spinal nerves.
- Osteoporosis: As you grow older, your bones become weak, putting you are risk of bone fractures.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal column compresses the nerves, causing back pain.
- Osteoarthritis: This condition causes wear and tear of the discs, leading to joint pain and stiffness.
- Trauma: Sports injuries, auto accidents, falls, and slips may injure your back.
- Muscle overuse: Putting pressure on your back may result in injuries.
Back Pain Treatment
If back pain is troubling you, chiropractic care is the best form of treatment. Our chiropractor uses drug-free, non-invasive techniques to hasten your recovery. Here are some of the methods we may use for back pain:
- Chiropractic adjustment: This treatment aligns the spinal joints, alleviating pressure on the nervous system.
- Spinal decompression: This method gently stretches the spine to relieve tension on nerves.
- Exercise therapy: Depending on the seriousness of your back pain, our chiropractor can recommend stretching exercises to reduce your pain and strengthen your back muscles.
- Manual therapy: Manual therapy removes joint restrictions, restoring body function.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Houston, TX for Back Pain Treatment
If you have back pain, we can help. At MVMT Chiropractic in Houston, TX, our chiropractor will alleviate your pain and help your back heal. Call us today to schedule an appointment.